Jayadev Galla (Jay) is the Managing Director of Amara Raja Batteries Limited (ARBL), a leading manufacturer of Advanced Lead Acid batteries for Industrial and Automotive applications. The company owns the brand name “Amaron” which is the second largest selling automotive battery brand in India today. ARBL is a widely held public limited company listed on the National Stock Exchange of India Limited and the Bombay Stock Exchange Limited. The gross revenue for the year ending 31 March 2009 is more than USD 300 mn.
Spearheading ARBL’s automotive batteries (Amaron) venture
Winning the prestigious Ford World Excellence Award in 2004 achieved by meeting global delivery standards. ARBL is the 3rd supplier from India to be given this award.
Posts and Responsibilities
Confederation of Indian Industry
- Young Indians National Branding Chair
- Young Indian’s National Immediate Past Chairman
- Young Indians Immediate Past Chairman - District Chapter Initiatives
Amara Raja Group of Companies
- Managing Director, Galla Foods Limited,
- Director, Amara Raja Power Systems Ltd.
- Director, Amara Raja Electronics Ltd.
- Director, Mangal Precision Products Ltd.
- Director, Amara Infra Pvt. Ltd.
- Director, Amaron Batteries Pvt. Ltd.
- Director, Amara Raja Industrial Services Pvt. Ltd.
Permanent Trustee of the Rajanna Trust
- The Trust was established in 1999 and is dedicated to rural development and to improve the economic conditions of the farmers in Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh. Among other things, Rajanna Trust has executed micro irrigation projects valued to a tune of 1 million US dollars which has benefited over 2000 agricultural families
Jay holds a bachelors’ degree in Political Science and Economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA. As an avid sports lover, he has played chess and tennis at a competitive level. He also enjoys golf, motor sports, diving, travel and pop culture in general. Married with two children; in his leisure time he loves spending time with his family and participating in community development initiatives.